bluefluff's blue fluff

Monday, January 16, 2006

Four Things

Yes, this is different from "43 Things"! I've been if not tagged, as near as dammit, by Nogbad, while my back was turned, so here's tonight's assignment :-)

Four jobs you've had in your life:
Checkout operator at Preston's first supermarket; telephone receptionist at the DHSS as it was then; car park attendant (in a silly uniform, for Preston Guild 1972); OU tutor. Guess which one I like best?

Four movies you could watch over and over:
Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid; Star Wars (the original); Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl; Ed Wood (only seen that once, yet, but immediately wanted to watch it again)

Four places you've lived:
Preston, Hull, Bordeaux, Grimsby. Hmm, spot the odd one out!

Four places you've been on holiday:
Machynlleth, Brittany, Scotland, Denmark

Four websites you visit daily:
BBC News Online, Fund Free Mammograms, Google, multi-way tie for the 4th place between several bookmarked blogs!

Four TV shows you love to watch:
F1 Grand Prix in season is about the only one I make an effort for - I'm not a great TV viewer. I've had to give up Eastenders (far too addictive) & nearly got hooked on Charmed when it coincided with Saturday night pizzas. Footy, but only when it's Euro or World Cup.

Four of your favourite foods:
hot-smoked salmon, croque-monsieur, black pudding (proper Bury links, not that plastic supermarket muck), kedgeree. All good artery-blocking stuff :-)

Four places you'd rather be:
Vigsø Bugt, Oban, a tidier version of where I am now, um that's about it, really.

Four albums you can't live without: (this week!)
The Wildhearts must be destroyed (Wildhearts), Death of a Ladies Man (Leonard Cohen), Valor del Corazon (Ginger), Duluth Does Dylan (various)

That took a long time!!

5 Comments:

  • At 16 January, 2006 11:53, Blogger Nogbad said…

    I'm going to trust your spelling of Machynlleth - CAT? I've been there too, awesome place and one of the prettiest, calmest, most inspiring spots I've ever visited.

    Did you know that it's possible to buy black pudding online?

     
  • At 16 January, 2006 12:24, Blogger bluefluff said…

    Nog - yes, they were just starting to build the CAT when we were there (which tells you how long ago it was!)
    I've bought black puddings online, though not from the site you've linked. I used Jack Scaife, but they seem to have disappeared :-(
    Your link isn't working this morning either... perhaps the traditional black pudding industry has collapsed?

     
  • At 16 January, 2006 15:17, Blogger Rob said…

    In answer to your questions:
    Car Park attendant (the power...)
    Grimsby (well, I always thought it was odd)

     
  • At 17 January, 2006 23:00, Blogger kat said…

    Which was Preston's first supermarket?

    I remember Preston Guild 1972 - well I remember some of it. I wasn't old enough to drink but it was Preston Guild.

     
  • At 18 January, 2006 02:27, Blogger bluefluff said…

    Tesco at the bottom of Church Street. (Some corroboration here)
    Do you remember Concorde flying over? I have a photo of that - it was amazing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home