bluefluff's blue fluff

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Should I be worried?

I lost a year somewhere.

Dad & I were talking tonight about Ronnie Barker's death at 76. I'd thought he was Dad's age, but Dad's 77. I'd worked my version out from when Mum died, as I knew that was just a couple of weeks after his 75th birthday (she was determined to hang on for that & for their late July wedding anniversary). I've mentioned in an earlier post here that she died in July 2004. Except she didn't - it was July 2003. How could I get something like that wrong?
For a little while I thought Dad was going gaga & politely refrained from correcting him. But then I looked up my old diary & there it is, July 2004, anniversary of Mum's death... I'm the one going gaga! Weird.

Other age-related notes... Dad, at 77, has just acquired his first mobile phone. (If you think trouble-shooting other people's computer problems at-a-distance is tricky, you should try explaining text messaging when you haven't a clue what the interface looks like!). But his comment on our news about Alan's decision yesterday? <broad Lancs>"Bloody hell, me son in law's a pensioner - I must be getting on a bit!" </broad Lancs>.

Think maybe he's got that year I lost?

3 Comments:

  • At 05 October, 2005 02:17, Blogger bluefluff said…

    Tsk, these spammers' grammar is getting worse. "Ebay scam" isn't an indefinite noun - you're thinking of "scum". Talking of which....

     
  • At 06 October, 2005 09:21, Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said…

    Lovely text from your Dad. My Mum is in her eighties and has just started texting on her mobile. She enjoys it. I hate texting and never do it.

    If she texts me I either phone her or email her.

     
  • At 06 October, 2005 23:37, Blogger bluefluff said…

    Oh, the comment from Dad was made by steam phone - I don't think he's actually sent a text yet. He just wanted to know how he would know if somebody had sent him one! I offered a demo, but he said he wasn't up to that page in the booklet yet...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home