bluefluff's blue fluff

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Pam on John

I don't normally read Tory politicians' blogs, but circumstances directed me off my usual track to collect this little gem! Pam Ayres' take on the John Prescott story appeared in the Telegraph earlier this week, but isn't available on their site. Reproduced here in case it soon isn't available on Mr Dale's site, either....

I am ready Mr Prescott
You can take me in your arms
All these years I've waited
To experience your charms
So fling aside those trousers
I hope they're quick release
For all that hanky panky's
Made you clinically obese

I like a man of substance
I like a man of size
Especially when I'm measuring
The bags beneath their eyes
If anyone insulted me
I have no doubt at all
You'd leap to my defence
And punch the blighter through the wall

I like you Mr Prescott
A constant watch I keep
To see you on TV
Sat next to Tony, fast asleep
So I'm waiting Mr Prescott
My toothbrush in my bag
To see your chiselled jaw
Behind the wheel of either Jag

A man like you is dangerous
A man like you is trouble
Just like a row of houses
You demolished me to rubble
With one hand on the tiller
As steady as a rock
And the other disappearing
Up the secretary's frock!


2 Comments:

  • At 11 May, 2006 08:24, Blogger Hageltoast said…

    LMAO!!!!!!
    brilliant. :)

     
  • At 11 May, 2006 08:40, Blogger Hazeofpink said…

    CWL!!!!! Brilliant!!!! Very very funny!! Classic Pam Ayres!!! That's really started my day off well. Thinking about it I've not seen a new Pam Ayres poem for years, reading the poem through you can almost imagine her voice!! Thanks:-D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home