bluefluff's blue fluff

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Close encounters of the arachnid kind

< shudder >I'm not fond of spiders at the best of times, but when they decide to run down the loo roll just as I'm unfurling it for immediate use, that really is a liberty too far! My abrupt departure from the vicinity was somewhat lacking in elegance, I'm sure. Since the beastie didn't have the decency to run away (possibly it was as stunned by the circumstances as I was) & the resident aww-bless-spider-rescuer was asleep, I had to resort to subterfuge & continued unrolling the paper (at arm's length) all the way to the floor, where the relevant sheet could be stamped on. < /shudder >
Then I re-arranged my attire, thankful that nobody had come downstairs to investigate!

Spiders & I have a working agreement, whereby I leave them alone in the garden on condition they leave me alone in the house. This one clearly hadn't read the rule book.

2 Comments:

  • At 26 July, 2006 12:13, Blogger kat said…

    I enjoyed reading that. :-)

    I used to hate spiders but they don't bother me that much now - I don't know why. I don't know what's changed. It may be something to do with the children's video and song 'Spiders in the Bath'.

     
  • At 26 July, 2006 19:23, Blogger Hazeofpink said…

    Sp*ders that read rule books - now that is scary!!!!! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home