bluefluff's blue fluff

Monday, October 10, 2005

Small victories

Doesn't it make you feel good when you crack a little computer problem?

Since we've had the new PC, I had the constant annoyance of being locked out of my "secure" work sites after a certain time, & was forever having to re-start the computer to re-gain access. I'd been blaming my ISP for caching security details... even faffed around with tracert to see where the problem lay (packets were timing out half way through the JANET - Joint Universities NETwork - system).

Tonight I twigged that it was happening whenever the other networked PC had initiated a connection after a time-out (my dialup ISP dumps me out every 2 hours). Persuaded late-night daughter to deactivate the auto-reconnect & the problem has gone :-)

Soon, really soon, we'll be going broadband & won't have such minor irritations to contend with any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home