bluefluff's blue fluff

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Certified!!

or How To Miss Reading The Small Print & Gain A Qualification Without Knowing It!

Long ago I studied T171, which was in so many ways a life-changing experience (as many of my readers know....). I've just finished the replacement course T175, as I thought my techie awareness was getting a bit tatty round the edges.

When the results came out, I thought it was about time I considered finishing off one of the various qualifications I'm partway through, instead of keep starting new ones, so I'd been psyching myself up for M150 next spring. T175 + M150 = Certificate in IT and Computing.

What I didn't realise, until I was idly playing with the OU's qualification planner tonight, was that T171 + T175 = Certificate in IT and Computing.... I've already got it!!!! Just had to go & tick a box saying I wanted to link both courses, & hey presto :-)

Sat there with a big grin on my face & then burst into tears!! (Kids think I'm certifiable, never mind certified, but never mind!) Even though I already have a BA & a doctorate from another life, there is something very, very special about having my very own OU qualification :-))

2 Comments:

  • At 13 August, 2006 11:02, Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said…

    Congratulations Blue! And inspired by you I've just been to my OU Student page and linked T171 and T209 to the same IT qualification and now I'm all ga-ga too.My very own OU qualification too - and in IT which makes me giggle.

    Then I tried linking my two social science courses, DD100 and DD304 to be told that one is for a certificate in geography and the other social sciences.S'pose I could do another geography course (not that I knew I had done one anyway)and get a diploma/certificate thing......

    Then I went and registered for a Level 3 Literature course for Feb: 2007 and that'll give me 390 points and a BA Honours.

    Now see what you've gone and made me do?

     
  • At 14 August, 2006 23:09, Blogger kat said…

    Congratulations.

    Are you still going to do M150? I would. Although nothing could ever match T171, I think M150 is a course well worth doing.

    Strange word verification - UWANT. Uwant to do M150, Bluefluff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home