bluefluff's blue fluff

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Certified!!

or How To Miss Reading The Small Print & Gain A Qualification Without Knowing It!

Long ago I studied T171, which was in so many ways a life-changing experience (as many of my readers know....). I've just finished the replacement course T175, as I thought my techie awareness was getting a bit tatty round the edges.

When the results came out, I thought it was about time I considered finishing off one of the various qualifications I'm partway through, instead of keep starting new ones, so I'd been psyching myself up for M150 next spring. T175 + M150 = Certificate in IT and Computing.

What I didn't realise, until I was idly playing with the OU's qualification planner tonight, was that T171 + T175 = Certificate in IT and Computing.... I've already got it!!!! Just had to go & tick a box saying I wanted to link both courses, & hey presto :-)

Sat there with a big grin on my face & then burst into tears!! (Kids think I'm certifiable, never mind certified, but never mind!) Even though I already have a BA & a doctorate from another life, there is something very, very special about having my very own OU qualification :-))

3 Comments:

  • At 13 August, 2006 11:02, Blogger Morning-Loves-It said…

    Congratulations Blue! And inspired by you I've just been to my OU Student page and linked T171 and T209 to the same IT qualification and now I'm all ga-ga too.My very own OU qualification too - and in IT which makes me giggle.

    Then I tried linking my two social science courses, DD100 and DD304 to be told that one is for a certificate in geography and the other social sciences.S'pose I could do another geography course (not that I knew I had done one anyway)and get a diploma/certificate thing......

    Then I went and registered for a Level 3 Literature course for Feb: 2007 and that'll give me 390 points and a BA Honours.

    Now see what you've gone and made me do?

     
  • At 14 August, 2006 14:09, Blogger Andrew E. Chapman said…

    Hiya Lynne,

    Not sure whether this is working or not, but I just wanted to congratulate you again on gaining your Certificate, and thank you fpr encouraging me to update my blog (and get rid of the spam)

    Best wishes,

    Andrew

     
  • At 14 August, 2006 23:09, Blogger kat said…

    Congratulations.

    Are you still going to do M150? I would. Although nothing could ever match T171, I think M150 is a course well worth doing.

    Strange word verification - UWANT. Uwant to do M150, Bluefluff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home