bluefluff's blue fluff

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A day of two halves

First there was the unpleasant prospect of combining two phobias - travelling alone on public transport & going to the dentist. The famous English Summer gave me a 'get out of jail free' card on the first, as a thunderstorm hit just as I was due to leave...the 10 minute walk to the bus stop just wasn't feasible with all that crash-bashing & the sky emptying itself, so I chickened out & phoned for a taxi. Some of the recently flooded roads were almost impassible, so I didn't feel too guilty. The dentist appointment resolved itself into come-back-next-month for tooth-saving under sedation. So that's OK then. (I know, what a wimp!)

In part 2 I got back to normal: eating, working, communicating in joined up sentences, that sort of thing. Continued my dashing ahead with Latin while there are no TMAs to mark - laughed at the ablative of instrument & spat in the face of comparative & superlative adverbs. Don't reckon much to how Mercury is duping Sosia (not to mention what Jupiter's getting up to with Amphitruo's wife) but I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Oh, the ants are back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home