bluefluff's blue fluff

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Thank you broadband

Last week, I couldn't have had this experience.

http://www.leonardcohenimyourman.com/
& click the "clip" link.

I don't suppose we'll see the film in England, but there'll be a DVD, won't there?

Leonard Cohen has been the soundtrack to my life, right from the time I fell out with a schoolfriend back in 1968-ish over the lyrics of Suzanne (Songs of Leonard Cohen was the first album I ever bought).

On rumours of a world tour in 2006 0r 2007 I keep checking the Leonard Cohen Files (one of the most perfect fan sites for any musical artist I've ever seen) & tonight found the film link. The prospect of seeing two of my other favourite singer-songwriters (Jarvis Cocker & Nick Cave) performing tribute songs is so delicious....

4 Comments:

  • At 23 October, 2005 21:13, Blogger kat said…

    Oh you've got broadband. Good isn't it?

     
  • At 24 October, 2005 01:20, Blogger bluefluff said…

    Wonderfully good :-)
    It's only been three full days yet, though, & I still find myself checking how long the connection has left, before I log into FirstClass or start downloading anything!

     
  • At 25 October, 2005 01:25, Blogger Pykspeeks Rides Again said…

    I now send all my pix to Bonusprint now I've got broadband, can't be fagged doing them myself but could never had afforded the time online before broadband!
    I went to live in London in 68 (I think) and my friend introduced me to some Leonard Cohen songs. Can't recall which, but I recall thinking they were pretty strange at the time and had these meaningful lyrics that I didn't understand at all!
    :)

     
  • At 25 October, 2005 03:29, Blogger bluefluff said…

    Hiya Pyk :-)
    Yes, that's pretty much the effect Cohen had on me back in the 60s! If you look back on the early songs, they'll probably make a lot more sense to you now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home